Tape, Wescorp, Clear, ESD W/Symbols (1"wide x 216'long - 3"core)
- Low Charging Transparent Cellulose Film (2.4 Mils Thick) With High-Tack Rubber Adhesive
Wescorp tape generates less than 50 volts when unwound from roll (at 73°F, 45% RH average) making it safe to use around most ESD sensitive items.*Marked with ESD Symbols (MIL STD-1285 and ESDA) Between Film and Adhesive
ESD symbols distinguish ESD version tapes from standard, non-ESD tapes.
- Smooth Plastic Core
Minimizes foreign objects debris, particulation, and other contaminants when used in clean or sensitive areas.
- Surface Resistance 1 x 108 to < 1 x 1011 ohms
Tested per ANSI/ESD S11.11 to meet dissipative limits of packaging standard ANSI/ESD S541.
- Temperature Range 10°C – 71°C (14°F – 160°F)
Meets MIL-B-81705 for exposure to 100°C for 10 minutes max.
- Lead-Free RoHS Compliant
*All tapes will generate some amount of triboelectric charge when unwound from roll. Standard, non-ESD tapes typically generate more than 1000 volts when unwound from roll. If you require less voltage than 50 volts, a grounded tape dispenser or ionization is recommended when unrolling the tape.
Technical Information for ESD Cellulose :
- Tape Film Thickness: 1.9 mil 0.0019″. (0.048 mm)
- Film construction: Cellulose Adhesive: Rubber based – non-staining, absorbs moisture
- Film surface resistance: 1 x 109 < 1 x 1011 ohms per ANSI/ ESD STM11.11
- Temperature Range: -10°C to 71°C (14°F to 160°F ) 100°C for 10 minutes max.
- Color: Transparent
- Roll Length: 72 yards (3″ core)
- Total Thickness: 2.4 mil 0.0024″. (0.06mm)
- Elongation: 22.5%
- Tensile Strength: 22 lbs/in
- Adhesion Strength: 59 oz/in2
- Static Generation from conductive plate: (73°F, 45% RH): 80 volts average
- Static Generation from roll: (73°F, 45% RH): 50 volts average
- Available on paper cores and plastic cores
- No Sulfur, surfactants, amines, or silicone based material (adhesive, film backing, release material)
Applications for ESD Clear Cellulose Tape with and without Symbols
• Sealing ESD bags and other ESD packaging\ containers
• Use with ESD symbols for ESD awareness
• General purpose ESD tape applications
• Secure (bundle) IC DIP tubes
• Prevents damage to sensitive electronic components in manufacturing
• Ideal for holding notes, work orders or instructions in offices, ESD workstations, or for general purpose
• Ideal for conformal coating or holding and sealing supplies in manufacturing
• Ideal in packaging for container sealing, static shielding bag closure and holding DIP tubes
Applications for ESD Clear Cellulose Tape with Symbols
• Identification or making product / paperwork / processes
• High visibility with ESD susceptibility symbol for increased awareness
• Attach paperwork to bags or to ESD susceptible product
• Ideal in packaging for container sealing, static shielding bag closure and holding IC DIP tubes