Ion Gun, Chargebuster
- Point-of-use compressed gas ionizer Neutralize electrostatic charges to eliminate attraction, visual imperfections, and contamination issues by dislodging charged dust and debris.
- Fast < 1 second discharge time with ± 30 volt offset voltage balance For use with multiple requirements where static charges may generate.
- Modular design with 7 foot ESD protective hose with trigger switch Allows operators freedom of motion and minimizes awkward or unsupported positions.
- Use filtered air or nitrogen – no adjustment required Allows for quick change between air supply.
- Console mounting hardware included Allows Chargebuster Ion Gun to be mounted in a convenient location.
- Quick filter replacement feature Minimizes down time.
- One year limited warranty
The Chargebuster Ion is a point-of-use ionizer using compressed air or nitrogen to neutralize electrostatic charges from a small, defined area and/or to facilitate removal of charged particles. These ready-to-use units are designed for use in applications and areas where ElectroStatic Attraction contamination create manufacturing or handling problems (Ref: ESD Handbook TR 20.20 paragraph 18.104.22.168.2.4 Point of Use Ionization). The Chargebuster Ion meets or exceeds the recommended technical requirements of ANSI/ESD S20.20 tested in accordance with ANSI/ESD S3.1. "Necessary non-conductors in the environment cannot lose their electrostatic charge by attachment to ground. Ionization systems provide neutralization of charges on these necessary non-conductive items (circuit board materials and some device packages are examples of necessary non-conductors). Assessment of the ESD hazard created by electrostatic charges on the necessary nonconductors in the work place is required to ensure that appropriate actions are implemented, commensurate with risk to ESDS [ESD sensitive] items". (ANSI/ESDS20.20-2007 Foreword) "Activities that handle items that are susceptible to less than 100 volts HBM may require additional control elements or adjusted limits." [ANSI/ESD S20.20 section 2.0]