The 200kV F.S. Digital Stat-Arc , model 282H is a pocket-sized, non-contacting static meter which produces consistently accurate readings, and is easy to use.
- 200kV Range (200,000 volts)
- Exclusive Auto-Zero circuit
- HOLD button captures transient readings
- Recorder output and 40-hour battery
- Drift-free accuracy even in ionized environments
- Charged plate adapter available
Simple to use:
1. Turn the instrument ON.
2. Discharge your body by touching a grounded metal object.
3. Point the aperture toward a grounded object and press the ZERO button.
4. Aim the aperture toward the target surface at a distance of 1 foot. Read the voltage and polarity of the charged surface on the meter display.
For additional measurements repeat step four only.
To freeze the display, press the HOLD button.
The battery should be replaced annually, whenever you plan an extended period of unattended monitoring, or whenever “BAT” appears in the display for more than an instant. To obtain accurate and drift free readings the sensor plate and especially the area around the aperture must be kept absolutely clean at all times.
Never touch the aperture with anything – not even a cotton swab.
With the Model 282H, accuracy is unquestioned. Simply hold the instrument so the range finder LED beams form a nonpulsing circle indicating you’re at exactly the right distance from the target for readings up to 200 kV. Additionally, Monroe’s chopper-stabilized circuitry is immune to ionization, unlike ordinary static locators. Zeroing is push-button simple. Designed for optimal performance as well as low cost you can’t afford not to keep the Model 282H handy for:
- Monitoring “staticfree” electronic workstations
- Measuring static buildup on webs in converting, laminating, and printing operations
- Checking grounds and bonding in dry particle/powder transport systems