The 2kV Range Digital Stat-Arc, model 282L is a pocket-sized, non-contacting static meter designed for sensitive, low-voltage measurements which produces consistently accurate readings, and is easy to use.
- 2000 Volt Range
- 1 Volt Resolution
- Pulsing-beam range finder for always obtaining the correct reading
- Exclusive Auto-Zero circuit · HOLD button captures transient readings
- Recorder output and 40-hour battery · Drift-free accuracy even in ionized environments
- Charged plate adapter available
Simple to use:
1. Turn the instrument ON.
2. Discharge your body by touching a grounded metal object.
3. Point the aperture toward a grounded object and press the ZERO button.
4. Aim the aperture toward the target surface at a distance of 1 inch. Adjust the distance until the flashing beams of the LEDs in the instrument converge. Read the voltage and polarity of the charged surface on the meter display. For additional measurements repeat step four only. To freeze the display, press the HOLD button. To read the voltages, start at a greater distance to the target as given under specifications.
Maintenance The battery should be replaced annually, whenever you plan an extended period of unattended monitoring, or whenever “BAT” appears in the display for more than an instant. To obtain accurate and drift free readings the sensor plate and especially the area around the aperture must be kept absolutely clean at all times. Never touch the aperture with anything – not even a cotton swab.
With the Model 282L accuracy is unquestioned. Just hold the instrument so the range finder LED beams form a non-pulsing circle indicating you’re at exactly the right distance from the target for readings up to 2000 V. Additionally, ME’s chopper-stabilized circuitry is immune to ionization, unlike ordinary static locators. Zeroing is push-button simple. Designed for optimal performance as well as low cost you can’t afford not to keep the Model 282L handy for: · Monitoring “static-free” electronic workstations · Checking grounds and bonding in dry particle/powder transport systems · Testing ionizer performance using optional charged plate adapter Model 282CPS