Electrostatic, Hand-Held, Fieldmeter
- Easy-to-read digital display of field strength provides quantitative data with 100V resolution
- LED pulsed beam range finder identifies calibrated distance from the surface
- Chopper-stabilized measurement technique works in the presence of ionization
- Recorder output to pass measurements to auxiliary instruments to display or record the data
- Optional Charge Plate System for testing ionization systems
- Model 282IS is UL approved for use in hazardous environments
Manufactured to order, 32-34 week lead time. Electrostatic Fieldmeter - Hand Held - model 282A The Digital Stat-Arc 3, model 282A is a full-featured hand-held fieldmeter used to perform static surveys and evaluate charge accumulation in electronic manufacturing and in industrial operations such as converting, printing, packaging, and plastics processing.
The right answers anywhere - easier than ever. With the Model 282, accuracy is unquestioned. Simply hold the static locator so the range finder LED beams form a non-pulsing circle indicating you’re at exactly the right distance from the target for readings up to 20 kV. Additionally, Monroe’s chopperstabilized circuitry is immune to ionization, unlike ordinary static locators. Zeroing is push-button simple. Designed for optimal performance as well as low cost you can’t afford not to keep the Model 282 handy for: Monitoring “staticfree” electronic workstations Measuring static buildup on webs in converting, laminating, and printing operations Checking grounds and bonding in dry particle/powder transport systems Testing ionizer performance using optional charged plate adapter Model 282CPS Simple to use:
- Turn the instrument ON.
- Discharge your body by touching a grounded metal object.
- Point the aperture toward a grounded object and press the ZERO button.
- Aim the aperture toward the target surface at a distance of 1 inch.
Adjust the distance until the flashing beams of the LEDs in the instrument converge. Read the voltage and polarity of the charged surface on the meter display. For additional measurements repeat step four only. To freeze the display, press the HOLD button. To read the voltages, start at a greater distance to the target as given under specifications. Maintenance: The battery should be replaced annually, whenever you plan an extended period of unattended monitoring, or whenever “BAT” appears in the display for more than an instant. To obtain accurate and drift free readings the sensor plate and especially the area around the aperture must be kept absolutely clean at all times. Never touch the aperture with anything – not even a cotton swab.